Sunday, July 10, 2011

MS 150 June 25-26

It was another wonderful weekend for the MS 150 up in Logan it's a must for us to do.  It's such a great course and it's for such a good cause.  Most of our team didn't make it this year but we hooked up with old friends (it's amazing who you run into on these rides) and we made some new friends.  Saturday was the first 75 miles and it's the day most people do.  

Eric and I were the only two representing the UofU orthopedic team notice our nice skeleton jerseys.  This is one of my take a picture behind you while riding photos (no too bad).  Notice Hal waving in the background.  Hal is a friend of ours and a coworker of Eric's he was riding Medical support for the ride. 

Also along the way we ran into one of Eric's old coworker's Hutch and his wife.

As you can see Hal is very tall

There is one happy rider.  Hal is glad to be back in the saddle he had a terrible road bike accident last year and is just getting back in the saddle (I commend him for that) and he said things are going pretty good so far.

Hutch and his wife enjoying a fantastic day in Logan.  We didn't know they were doing this ride and he just happen to be passing us and was checking out my cool jersey (I think he was checking out my butt) when we recognized him, so we rode with him and his team mates for a while.

Hal doing some stretching (nice butt) you don't want your legs or back to be tight on the ride.  Two of his fellow life flight coworkers laughing at him.  All three of them were doing medical support for the ride. 

Riding takes a lot out of you it looks like I need to eat.
What a cute couple in there little skeleton jerseys.


One happy little rider I think this was our halfway point.

My favorite rest stop on day one was put on by the UHP they had old cop cars as you will see above.  people misting you as you rode in.  It was very well done.

He was the honorary rest stop/UHP dog.  He found his shade and wasn't going to budge.

MAN DOWN!  
We made it through day one know we had another day of riding ahead.  Now day two isn't like day one, day one you have this FLAT scenic ride around Cache valley and on day two you ride up Blacksmith Fork Canyon then you come down and go around the south end of Cache valley.  We recruited our friend Brad Miller to join us for this beautiful ride.  

Brad and Eric getting ready for the big ride up the canyon.  

Eric and I looking all cute.  Notice Eric's nice MS jersey he got that because his beautiful wife raised over $600 dollars for the MS ride (Thanks again to all the wonderful people who donated to my ride)

Brad looking happy heading up the canyon.  We had a nice overcast day so it wasn't too hot.

Look at how high the river is running and quite checking out Brad's butt

Following the boys up the hill.

Brad took over with the camera and snapped a little photo of us riding.  That canyon was so beautiful and the river was flowing really high.  

I may look happy in this photo but I had to pee so bad I was close to pulling over and watering some weeds.

Eric my little happy rider.

The festivities at the top of the canyon.  Bad ass coffee company always does a nice rest stop at the top of the Blacksmith for canyon.  We even got tattooes

Pinkie taking a little rest after her nice climb.  She was a little exhausted but she was ready to finish out the day.

This is Brad we are out in the middle of now where and we are hungry for lunch.

I might be smiling but I am really hungry and want it to be over by this point.  I think we about mile 60 something during this photo.

Brad and I in our cute matching jerseys

ARE WE THERE YET!  

Brad has some of the most impressive helmet hair I have ever seen.

No comments: