Saturday, December 29, 2012

Hot air ballooning and the wildflower pedal fest

For Mother day I surprised my Mom with a Hot air balloon ride we didn't go until the end of July
this is looking up inside the hot air balloon

Here is a view of the Heber valley from the balloon

the fire filling the balloon with hot air.

There were a lot of balloons up that day.

Here is our balloon shadow on the ground

There's Mom she is one happy ballooner

Our fearless pilot

The middle of august we did a new ride called the Wildflower Pedal fest it starts in Morgan and climbs up to big mountain and back.  just a short 75miles!

The start time was the butt crack of dawn and it was very cold, I know you would think so seeing Targee in his shorts and flip flops.

Just in time for the ride Debbie got her new Madone!!  

Pretty in Pink!  I love my bike

Tiffany shivering!  It was incredibly cold that morning.

We all sported pink heels tattoos!

There is the tattoo artist Targee, he still looks asleep?

This is him pouring cold water down Tif's sock

Here we are ready to ride
Melissa, Debbie, Tiffany, and Windi

There was a good turn out the 75mile riders got the early start.

Just waiting ready to go!

Off we go!  It was a cold go for the first 20minutes until we got warmed up.  The ride was fantastic up hill the the first half then downhill the second half.  I was very sick that day but rallied my way through it and payed for it later.

Coming into the finish!!  

We were very happy to be done.


August is the time of all our hummingbirds.  so I thought I would share one of our little friends as a final picture.

No comments: